Gracie is here!!! It is so difficult to explain just what happened today, but I will try as best as I can! We boarded a bus around 2pm today and were driven into the city of Guangzhou. The city was just as I would imagine China to be...busy, caotic, colors, and people everywhere! We arrived at the Adoption Affairs office and were taken to a large welcoming room where other adoptive families were already there. The amount of emotion in the room was overwhelming. The first child came out and was given to her family. She wasn't very happy about the whole thing! She wailed and cried from her separation from her nanny. The site was horribly pitiful and just ripped our hearts out. One after another, they came out of a room with their nannies carring them. Finally, it was Gracie's turn to make her entrance! Overwhelmed by the emotion, everyone was crying but we pulled it together by the time the nanny got to me. She is absolutely beautiful and perfect!!!!!!! She came right to me...no fussing or crying! Her skin is very pink and white, which is considered a sign of beauty in China (Well...that is what Simon our guide said!!!! Of course I agreed!!! Hee Heeee) Now, 5 hours later she is smiling at daddy and cozy in her jammies!!! She can't wait to meet her Grandpa....dad I can't wait for you to see her...she told me she loves corvettes!!
Well, Gracie's tummy is full and her bed is waiting!!! It is bed time! Let's pry for a peaceful night's rest for her...and mom and dad!
Love you all!




18 comments:
i think i post my last comment just as you uploaded the New Family Pics!
i can only imagine all of the emotion you all are feeling. it took me awhile to read all of your latest update b/c my eyes get filling with joyful tears :) i can't wait for chad to get home from work to see your family pics!
I'm so happy for the two of you. I can't imagine what you were feeling leading up to the moment she was brought out to you, but you make a wonderful family. The pictures are great. Enjoy the rest of your time in China. We can't wait to see you when you get home.
Joe Hayes
I am so happy for you all! I keep checking in. Wonderful to see the family pics spring to life on my computer this morning. Hope the rest of your trip is great and there is a smooth transition back to IN.
Stacey
Words fail me !!!!! This is the most wonderful miracle for you....and a wonderful miracle that you can share it with all of us back here !! Gracie is beautiful ! You are a beautiful family, and we can't wait for you to get back home !!! Love you, Jackie and Bruce
Tears of JOY for your new family of three are flowing here!!! She is so beautiful! We are so happy for you and feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful day for you. As always we are thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Love the Seiler family
Love love love the pictures of everyone together, at last! I was so excited to get up this morning to check in on your family. What a wonderful story and it sounds like you couldn't have asked for it to go any better! We are so happy for your new family. I bet grandpa can't wait to take Gracie for a ride in the corvette!
have fun playing today!
You three make the perfect family! God really knows what he is doing when he chooses just the right mom and dad for each child and just the right child for each mom and dad. Every second of waiting has been worth it to finally make it to this awesome day! Thank you so much for doing the blog so we can all share in your joy. She is beautiful! Love, The Richardsons
You and Gracie were my first thought when I woke up this morning! It is amazing how natural the three of you look together. She was always meant to be yours!!! Thank you so much for blogging... We love sharing this with you. God Bless your new family!
Much Love, Amy
I'm so happy for you both! She's absolutely beautiful... :) I can't wait to meet my new cousin!
Congratulations on the amazing new addition to your family.
XOXOXO, Katie
Alex & Nicki- we are soo excited for you! We could hardly wait to see the pictures this morning. She is so sweet!
Jack & Maddie can't wait to play with their new little cousin.
Enjoy this special time!!
Love Mike, Carrie, Jack & Madison
I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. She is beautiful! And the best part is this is just the start to such a special life for you all. Gracie is one lucky lady. She doesn't know yet, but in the years to come she will know what an amazing plan God had when he put her in your arms!! These are the moments people live for! We are so happy this has finally happened for you! Enjoy exploring the country that makes Gracie who she is. We wish you safe travels and can't wait to meet your beautiful new addition!
The Culbertson's
This is all so exciting, and we can't wait for you to return so we can meet our new family member! Great Grandma is also about ready to burst!
Congratulations, and give Gracie a big kiss from us!
Love,
Judy and Larry
Congrats!!! We are so happy for both of you, what a beautiful addition to the Pinnington family. Enjoy the rest of your trip, and we will see you and meet little Gracie upon your return home.
-Brett & Amanda
She is so beautiful! You like you have always belonged together from the pictures. We are so happy for you and can not wait to meet her! Enjoy the rest of your trip =)
We are so happy for you. She is so beautiful.Love the family pictures. Both the grandmas look happy as well.We will be looking forward to when you get home &Doreen can tell us all about the trip.
The Laundry Girls
YEA!!! i was out of town for the weekend and just kept thinking about how i was missing your blog and everything that was happening! what an exciting time to finally meet your daughter! :)
I cry every time I look at your blogs which is still every hour!! :) I am so happy for you guys. She is beautiful and a perfect addition to your family!! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Lots of Love
Nikki
Post a Comment