Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gracie's Doctor's Appointment and.....SHOPPING!!!



Hello!! Gracie's doctor's appointment was quick and simple. It wasn't an extensive examination...they didn't even say anything about her cough. Luckily, we have an appointment with Dr. Toupin right when we get home!!! After her appointment we sat down with Simon, our guide, and filled out more paperwork! Over an hour later we were finally finished! I believe we still have more to do....uuugh!!!

We had a hard time deciding on where to eat last night!! We went to the Cantonese restaurant and had a hard time getting ourselves past the bowls and cages of living animals!! We finally agreed to go to a nearby Thai place...which we later collectively decided we might have had a better dinner at the fish bowl place!!! We walked home along the river where there were hundred of people out enjoying the brightly lit boats and buildings....they love neon lights!!!

Today we slept in till eight...even Gracie!! Of course we had to go shopping at our favorite store "Jessica's". Alex bought a couple coats and some gifts for Gracie! I bought a silk jacket and chops (it is like a stamp with your Chinese name on it). The Grandmas bought a ton of stuff, too! They bought Gracie a special Chinese dress for her group photo which will be taken on Monday and 4 other dresses!

Tonight is the first night since Beijing that the whole travel group is back together. We are going to "Lucy's" an "American" restaurant! It will be fun to meet all of the newly adopted children.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the blog! Are those Burberry purses in the picture behind Alex?

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Alex and Gracie. I think she has his smile. She looks so happy .
Tell the grandma's to keep spoiling her. That is what we do best. Love, Linda H.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things went well at the doc's. Can't wait to meet Gracie when she gets home...let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Have a great rest of your trip!! Toni :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzi!!!
They have Burberry, Coach, Prada, Gucci, Chanel. You want? we get best price & deal only for Gracie family!!!! Ha HA!!! But they are Chinese Burberry!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of purses! Tell Gracie to snatch the pink Coach purse on the right side of her!!
Amy H.

Anonymous said...

Everything seems to be going very well. Your daughter is beautiful and looking very happy with being a part of a wonderful family. So Happy for all of you. I can't tellhow excited I am everyday when I check your blog. I love it. Thanks for sharing with us all
Mary Ann P

Nicki and Alex said...

Amy...that is the one I bought!!!

Slide Show