Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friday


Today we visited the local orphanage where Lucy & Paul's (From New York) daughter came from in Guangzhou. The orphanage was a massive complex that housed around 400 children and was the size of a few high schools. They had different buildings divided up by ages and mental capacity. They sheltered us from the real side of the orphanage and only showed us certain parts that they wanted us to see. It was very emotional to see all of the children just waiting for parents to give them a home. We saw classrooms with pictures colored by the children and we noticed in all of them that they only colored themselves and other children. We then realized that they have never known a family and that the other orphans were their only family they have ever known. It was very emotional to be in a place like that to see the beautiful and loving children just waiting for parents. It seemed that answers to our questions were guarded and pictures were only allowed in secured areas. We are headed to our medical appointment in a few hours at the local health clinic within walking distance. Then our lives our in our brother-in-laws Scott's hands as we have given him the choice of restaurants for dinner. So if you don't see a post tomorrow, the snake we ate was poisonous!!!
AP

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the toilet.

R.E.

Anonymous said...

Sorry the zoo was not the best that day. The heat will do it every time. You and Alex will have to enjoy the one at home with Gracie.What fun!!!
I sure look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the trip. It is like your first vacation with Gracie. Hope the doctor visit went well for Gracie Pinnington. I love saying that name. Have fun. Kisses to Gracie. Linda H.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nic & Alex!! I have been watching the blog every day and can't wait for the newest update. I am so happy for you both, I just can't find the right words to express myself. (And anyone who knows me...I am not usually at a loss for words!) Enjoy your time with Gracie and I can't wait to meet her. Love, Staci G

Unknown said...

I hope dinner was delicious. If you are just loving the taste of snakes and bugs, just let Zack know and he would be thrilled to catch some for your when you return. We also can not wait to hear how big Gracie is after the docotr's appt. Love the Seilers.

Slide Show