Hi!!!
We had another big day!! We had an appointment to get all of the paperwork done for the adoption! We went back to the same place where we met for the first time yesterday to fill out the forms and to be interviewed. We finally heard some squeals, giggles, and something in Chinese! So far, she is still really quiet and reserved. She really opened up tonight at the restaurant. She loves to mimick everything we do. Chop sticks are the best toys to make noises with!! We fianlly heard her cry tonight when she didn't want to take a bath...she was so sleepy.
We bought her a pair of squeaky shoes today which are hillarious! Every time she takes a step they make a loud squeak! They really encourgage her to walk. We are learning more and more about her everyday and she is blossoming like crazy. The orphanage told us that she was in her crib by herself the majority of the day and this really is evident in the way she plays on her own. There are so many things that she she hasn't experinenced yet. She dicovered TV today! She is learning how to give hugs, too!!
I hope everyone is doing well! We can't wait to come home.
Nicki
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hip Hip Hooray! We are so happy that your journey is ending one phase and entering another, just being a family. No more count downs, paperwork, travel plans (unless it is for spring break!) I bet your time there is going fast, soon you will be back in Indiana sharing your little one. We can't wait to meet Gracie and introduce her to french fries!! Great hearing from you again, thanks for the blog!! It is my new obsession.
Susie Thomas
I have no clue who or where you are. I came across your blog one day. I am so exited for you and your family what a great story. I understand the adoption process we tried to adopt in the US without luck. But I finally go preg. Best wishes to your family. I pray for Gracie to have a easy transition to her new life I can see you love her so much already. She is beautiful. Congrats, love your post.
Hello, I am so excited to see pictures of the new happy family. I have heard about your journey from your mom(Sue)and am thrilled for your new family. I can't wait to meet Gracie, and maybe paint her fingernails pink!
Best Wishes, Alycia Miller
Congratulations! We are so excited for you and know you will be wonderful parents. We have enjoyed checking your blog daily. Safe travels home, and we look forward to meeting Gracie soon!
Post a Comment