Well we are on our third day with Gracie and she has progressed so much. She is showing much more emotion through her smiles and laughter. She loves walking with the assistance of her grandma's hands and being pushed in the stroller by her aunt Nicole. We are staying on a small island where most of the adoptive parents stay, and everywhere you go you see other families that are in the same position as us. They have many shops near the hotel that cater to the tourists with lots of trinkets that we are filling our suitcases with. Doreen just loves to barter with the shops over the price of a purse that costs only $10 to buy at full price. The city that we are in is around 11 million people and I think we see all of them in cars or bikes all around time. We went to the police station today to start the process of her passport and then our guide Simon took us to the local shopping mall, jade and pearl markets. We bought new release movie cd's for $2 and and a few jade stones at a good price. Gracie is having her dinner bottle now and when she is don, we are going out for another family dinner. We plan on going to the Guangzhou zoo tomorrow and hopefully see a few of the panda bears. When we started this blog, we thought it would be for everyone to stay connected with us, but I think it has kept us more connected to everyone. Thank you so much for your post's, it's been wonderful for us!!!!!!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Day three
Well we are on our third day with Gracie and she has progressed so much. She is showing much more emotion through her smiles and laughter. She loves walking with the assistance of her grandma's hands and being pushed in the stroller by her aunt Nicole. We are staying on a small island where most of the adoptive parents stay, and everywhere you go you see other families that are in the same position as us. They have many shops near the hotel that cater to the tourists with lots of trinkets that we are filling our suitcases with. Doreen just loves to barter with the shops over the price of a purse that costs only $10 to buy at full price. The city that we are in is around 11 million people and I think we see all of them in cars or bikes all around time. We went to the police station today to start the process of her passport and then our guide Simon took us to the local shopping mall, jade and pearl markets. We bought new release movie cd's for $2 and and a few jade stones at a good price. Gracie is having her dinner bottle now and when she is don, we are going out for another family dinner. We plan on going to the Guangzhou zoo tomorrow and hopefully see a few of the panda bears. When we started this blog, we thought it would be for everyone to stay connected with us, but I think it has kept us more connected to everyone. Thank you so much for your post's, it's been wonderful for us!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




16 comments:
Watching Gracie smile must make it all worthwhile .She is beautiful and I can't wait to see her.Tell Grandma Sue to give her a grandma hug for me. I can't express how happy I am for you and Alex. Love to you all. Linda H.
what a BEAUTIFUL smile! :)
She has a beautiful smile.
Enjoy the zoo!
Love Amy & Jeff
it has been so wonderful to share this special time with all of you! thank you so much for allowing us to "take part" :) our girls are only a couple months apart in age - - i can't wait to have a play date!
love,
jen
What a great picture of a great smile! Sounds like things are going so well. Have fun at the zoo! Aliviah, Gage and Brooklynn love looking at all the pictures on the blog too!
Love,
Stacey
Love the smile!!!! I also love all of the pink outfits, she looks so happy and beautiful. (OK, you and Alex look great too.) I know that we are not there to experience all of this with you, but we sure feel like it!!! BIG question, has anyone eaten a snake, Scott?!? Love the Seilers
She looks so happy, and so beautiful. I just can't wait to meet her in person! Thank you again for sharing all this with us. It is just wonderful! With love, Jackie
Congratulations, she is beautiful. I am so glad that you were able to get such a wonderful little girl. It is so nice that you are posting what is happening for everyone to see.
Love,
Rachael
It is great to be able to follow along with your journey. She is such a cutie! I can't wait to meet her. I'm so happy for you and Alex (and Gracie too)! Enjoy the zoo.
Love,
Anita, Craig & Zach
Hey guys!! I luv waking up and checkin ur site for ur updates every morning!! Gracie looks amazn and i cant wait to meet her!! sadly, i just realized this morn that i could actually leave comments to u!!! haha anyhow it looks like everything is going great!! ps can u try to steal a spidermonkey from the zoo and bring home for me!! Thanks
Peace and see u guys soon!!!
Luke-182
I am so happy for you all, you all look so happy and I know you guys will be wonderful parents. Please travel safe and keep us updated.
Love,
Ryan, Becky, and Noah
She is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!:) If you are going to be stealing spidermonkeys I would like one too! :) Have fun!!
Lots of Love
Nikki
Nicki and Alex, she's just beautiful! Can't wait to meet you, Gracie!!
Nathan, Stacy, and the Tatman kiddos
How awesome is she. It is so much fun to see the pictures each day. Dominic is ready for his little lady to come home and play. Have a great time. Amy
Darn it...the wiggly spidermonkeys kept getting out of the diaper bag while I was pushing the stroller. They were kinda stinky...well maybe that was from the dirty diaper in the bag!
Hey Nikki!! She is just beautiful....I am sooo happy for you guys!! Have lots of fun...I am sure the plane ride home should be interesting...maybe she will sleep thru it...lol...Take care and see you soon!
Toni :)
Post a Comment